Some time ago, a Barry J. Hobin and Associates team including Gord Lorimer, Patrick Bisson, Dan Henhoeffer, and Bryan Bonell began working on a new Golf Club at eQuinelle in Kemptville. A few weeks ago, and just in time to capitalize on the last few weeks of the season, the eQuinelle Golf Club officially opened its doors.
Although a single building serves both functions, Friday, September 11 saw the Grand Opening of the eQuinelle Resident Club while the public Golf Club had its official opening the following day. The Club House consists of a Pro Shop, restaurant, offices, and change rooms while the Residents Club has added features including separate change rooms, a craft room, exercise room, cards room, billiards room, yoga room, library, and kitchen. The space also offers two multi-purposed rooms for large meetings, weddings, golf tournaments, and other events.
The Resident Club Opening, MC’d by local radio and TV personality Brent Corbeil, began with a Piper guided march through the development, courtesy of the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band included a ribbon cutting by Denis Laporte of eQHomes, Steve Clark – MPP for Leeds Grenville, and North Grenville Deputy Mayor Bard Tobin. The event was open to residents of the eQuinelle community near the club since they will have the opportunity to purchase Resident memberships that give them full access to the building and all its amenities.
The following day, at the Grand Opening for the public Club House, eQuinelle hosted guests with a BBQ and welcomed pro-golfer Kevin Haime who offered clinics and tips throughout the day.
While the building is now open and operational, members and guests will have to wait until warmer weather returns next year to enjoy the amazing lap pool, still under construction.
When next year’s golf season begins, eQuinelle Golf Club is sure to be a go-to location for events, tournaments, and a casual round or two followed by dinner at the new clubhouse.
- Architects: Gord Lorimer, Patrick Bisson, Dan Henhoeffer, and Bryan Bonell with Barry J. Hobin & Associates Architects Inc.
- Structural Engineers: Yannick Denis with WSP Canada Inc.
- Mechanical Engineers: John Bekolay and Luc Charron with Bekolay & Associates Ltd
- Electrical Engineers: John Morton with Quadrant Engineering
- Civil Enginners: Melanie Riddell and Mark Bowen with Novatech Engineering
- Landscape Architect: Ryan James with Novatech Engineering
- Interior Designer: Richard Newbury with Creative Friction
- Food Service Consultant: Doug Feltmate and Sheldon Heard with WSP Canada Inc.
- General Contractor: MP Lundy